It’s the 2018/19 school year and this year The Green Schools Committee is working on Global Citizenship, Litter and Waste, The Caring Crew is the name of the committee and their motto is ‘Defending Diversity’.
St. Brendan’s Boys N.S. was awarded five Green Flags by An Taisce in 2010, 2012 and 2014, 2016 and 2018 for the successful implementation of waste management and energy and water conservation programmes in our school. In 2016 we completed our work on the theme of travel and were awarded our 4th Green Flag. In 2018 we completed projects along the theme of biodiversity for which we were awarded our 5th flag.
The Green School Committe is made up of students from each class
- 1st Class: David Klampe, Antoni Jakuboszczak, Liam Mahony, Fionn Raftery
- 2nd Class: Pauric Hedderman, Aaron Donelan
- 3rd Class: Charles Ward, Jack Maloney, Daniel Carroll
- 4th Class: Max Sadowski, Wiktor Dziedzic
- 5th Class: John Ward, Christopher Solermo, Conor Lyons
- 6th Class: Shane Greensmyth, Isaac Rae, Alan Krol
Click here to see our Green School blog and keep up to date on all the good work that has been going on.